Saturday, May 2, 2009

What we are doing...

On March 16th, 2009 i ventured into Weight Watchers. Ben and I had been working out since January, and had seen no weight loss.

Boy, was I discouraged when I got home from my first meeting. I thought this lifestyle change was impossible.

I was wrong.

Way wrong.


If you don't know about weight watchers... let me inform you. Weight watchers goes off of a points value system. According to your weight, your activity level at work, age, and some other things, you are given a set amount of points, take you are required to use up in one day. Each time you loose some weight, the points go down. For Ben, he started with 47. I started with 32. In my mind, i thought there was no way, that I could get enough food, just eating 32 points a day. Yet again, I was wrong, and I have a hard time using all the points in one day.

Also, you are given 35 extra points a week, in case you have a special occasion or go over a few times during the week. You can use these points however you see fit! Also, with exercising, you can gain points for the intensity level at which you perform, and the minutes you use as well.

Weight watchers lets you choose the foods you eat, but encourages you to eat healthy and make better choices! They encourage all participants to come to weekly meetings, for help and support, and making sure you stay on track. I enjoy the meetings!

So far, it's been a good program to us, and it's teaching us how to live healthier and enjoy life more!

Here are some updates: and proof, that what we are doing, really works!

Ben:
Week 1: 286 (down 7 pounds)
Week 2: 281 (down 12 pounds)
Week 3: 279 (down 15 pounds)
Week 4: 276.5 (down 18.5 pounds)
Week 5: 274 (down 21 pounds)
Week 6: 271 (down 24 pounds)

Terah

Week 1: 223.4 (down 4.8 pounds)
Week 2: 220.0 (down 8.2 pounds)
Week 3: 218.4 (down 9.8 pounds)
Week 4: 215.8 (down 12.4 pounds)
Week 5: 214.2 (down 14.0 pounds)
Week 6: 212.8 (down 15.4 pounds)

Yes, I know you are thinking "how could she weigh so much" but after having 2 kids, and not caring about my self image for so long... that's how I became such a blob. But please, give me some props for changing my life and getting rid of it!

I have to keep telling myself "It took 6 years to get this way, this change is not immediate" but it will too come.

with time.

and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment